Messi 33
Saviola 12
Pedro 11
Eto'o 10
Pique 8
Henry 7
David Villa 6
Marquez 6

Busquets: "Youth idols? Didn't really have one, but I watched some players. Vieira, then Xavi. Yaya Toure too, learned a lot from him."

“Again, one of the best midfielders of all time. With touch, skill and passing, he has helped Barcelona win everything.” — Marco van Basten

“Football in its purest form.” — Sergio Ramos

“If football was a science, Xavi would have discovered the formula." - Valdano

“He is the best Spanish player of all time and the finest midfielder of his type I have seen. There is no way you can stop him." - Carragher

"Some people win, but some are winners. He doesn’t have another option apart from “win” in his brain.” –Samuel Eto’o

He just never loses the ball! He already knew where to put the ball when I was just starting to run.” — Henrik Larsson

"An amazing player. But he never wanted to be a hero. Everything he did he did it for the good of Barcelona." - Rivaldo

"I can't ever imagine not playing for Barcelona, let alone not playing soccer for a career." - Xavi

For me, the number one midfielder is Xavi.” — Andres Iniesta

"There's a generation coming to keep winning.I've felt like a very important piece.It's been a fantastic generation" - Xavi

Rodriguez: “I would've liked to play with Iniesta and Xavi. They deserved the Ballon d'Or but coexisted with an alien.” (Messi)

Xavi: "Pep coach who had most influence on me? Yes, no doubt. Pep, with Tito and also Luis Aragones. And I don't want to forget Van Gaal."
Xavi: "Luis Enrique and I discussed things Van Gaal said or did. Then it seemed madness, now we see he was right - he was ahead of his time"

Cassano: "Favourite Spaniards? Iniesta and Xavi. Feel privileged to have played in same era as Messi, Xavi and Iniesta - 3 of 5 I like most"

Alves: "I feel great wearing the number '6' shirt. I made the decision because that's what my heart asked me." [onda cero]
Marcelo:Messi's the best in the world
Keylor Navas:Leo's the best player in the world,he's God's gift!
Guti:Messi's the best.Difficult to admit,but it's truth.I like him alot more than Cristiano. :-)
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Re: Чави "ЭЛЬ МАЕСТРО" Эрнандес и Креус

Postby Zoe » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Xavi's family... ASIA!!!

Xavi in all-time Euro XI of Alexander Frei (ex-Servette -Rennes -Dortmund -Basel)

Xavi in all-time Euro XI of Karembeu (ex-Nantes -Sampdoria -Madrid)

Xavi in all-time Euro XI of Puyol

Douglas Costa's dream five-a-side team: Manuel Neuer, Xavi Hernández, Neymar, Douglas Costa, Robert Lewandowski

Koeman: "But let's not forget about players like Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Valdés, Piqué, Puyol, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, and so on."

Deco (ex-Barça) “I would sign Modric for Barça. His style of play would be perfect for them. He's a player like Xavi and Iniesta.” [ara]

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "Why did I put Xavi in my Dream Team ? He is perfect. Very simple."

Mahrez (Leicester): "Xavi thinks I could play at Barça? Nice to hear. It's flattering, especially coming from a player like him." [onze]

Bravo: "Teammate I'd go on holiday with? The Brazilians. To whom I'd ask advice? Getting to know Xavi marked me.You can always count on him"

Van Gaal: "You must have a mix of old and young players in your team. At Bayern, it was a young Müller. And at Barça it was Xavi & Iniesta."
Guti:Messi's the best.Difficult to admit,but it's truth.I like him alot more than Cristiano. :-)
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:19 am

#LaLigaAmbassador

Michel Platini; “Football owes a Ballon d’Or to Iniesta and Xavi.”

Deco: "Iniesta is not only the best midfielder in #EURO2016 but also in past few years. It's him after Xavi." [SONY]

Rafinha's ideal XI: Taffarel; Alves, Maldini, Thiago Silva, Roberto Carlos; Mazinho, Thiago, Iniesta or Xavi; Ronaldinho, Messi and Ronaldo, el fenomeno.

Carlos Carvalhal (Sheffield Wednesday): "My midfield is not physical enough for you? Barça won everything with Xavi, Iniesta and Messi."
Carvalhal: "Do you say to them "let's put a big physical guy in and take these small talented guys out?" I'm a football coach, not rugby."

David Villa's ideal XI: Pepe Reina; Juanfran, Diego Godin, Carles Puyol, Jordi Alba; Koke, Busquets, Xavi; David Silva, Leo Messi, Andres Iniesta
Villa: "It was a pleasure to play alongside him, he is one of the best in history in his position."

Paco Jemes (in 2013): "Did Cruyff's Barca have a determining influence on me? Yes, Cruyff has had an influence on everything. Also Pep
Guardiola, who was at Barca. Guardiola as a player, without being faster, without being stronger that others, did everything faster and better than the rest. Why? Because his head was far ahead. Xavi also is not too fast, but does play faster than the rest of the team. I always liked that Barca way of understanding football."

Alexis Sanchez all time best XI: Kahn, Roberto Carlos, Puyol, Maldini, Cafu, Xavi, Ronaldinho, Maradona, Messi, Ronaldo Nazario, Pele. [afc]
Alexis Sanchez (Arsenal): "I have never seen a player (Xavi) in midfield who is so good on the ball. He's like the heart of the team". [afc]

Raul (Ex-Real Madrid): "CR comment on Xavi? Greatness can't be judged on Ballon d'or wins. You play football to win team trophies not Ballon d’Or"

Samuel Eto'o: "Cristiano said he has 3 Ballon d'Or and Xavi don't? If Ballon d'Or was fair, Xavi would've won it 5 or 6 times." [cadena ser]

Albelda (Ex-Valencia): "Ronaldo’s quotes regarding Xavi were out of place. Players aren’t measured by what appears on the internet." [SPORT]

Xabi Alonso: "My favourite player? Xavi Hernandez."

Abidal:" The ones that know football know that Xavi is a legend. The best trophy is to win collective titles." [RAC1]
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:37 am

UEFA name the 'Ultimate Team of the Year' based on players who have featured most since 2001.

Joshua Kimmich (Bayern): "Xavi was very good footballer, technically so good, a leader. He can lead a team & he's an absolute team player."
Kimmich: "Xavi knows exactly how to combine with his team-mates and always puts himself at the service of them." [uefa]
Kimmich: "And I also see Xavi as a role model because he did not have the same physical presence as others in terms of size." [uefa]

Joaquin Sanchez's perfect player (Real Betis): Hair cut - Fernando Torres, Heading - Aritz Aduriz, Vision - Sergio Busquets, Friendliness - Marcelo, Stamina - Gaby, Strength - Carles Puyol, Right foot - Xavi, Left foot - Lionel Messi, Dribbling - Isco, Professionalism - Andres Iniesta. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQTybRB6u2A

All-Time best U21 Euro XI by fans vote: Manuel Neuer; Branislav Ivanovic, Alessandro Nesta, Mats Hummels, Giorgio Chiellini; Xavi, Andrea Pirlo; Mesut Ozil, Francesca Totti, Frank Lampard; Raul.

Puyol: "I've made great friends here like Luis Enrique, Gerard Pique, Andres Iniesta, Xavi and Eric Abidal."
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:02 am

Scholes: "I think about great players with whom I have shared a pitch: Cantona, Zidane, Pirlo, Xavi, Ronaldo & the greatest of them all is Messi”

Sergio Ramos: "I think it's mad players like Iniesta, Raúl or Xavi haven't won Ballon d'Or."

Sergio Alvarez's perfect player (Sporting Gijon): Hair cut - David Beckham, Heading - Bernardo Espinosa, Vision - Xavi Hernandez, Friendliness - Joaquin Sanchez, Stamina - Makelele, Strength - Cristiano Ronaldo, Right foot - Juninho Pernanbucano, Left foot - Roberto Carlos, Dribbling - Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Professionalism - Rafael Sastre.
Sergio Alvarez: "For vision I choose Xavi Hernandez. He have the opposition and his teammates under control at all times." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6MEXR_Lnlo

Fran Merida's perfect player (Osasuna): Hair cut - Fernando Torres, Heading - Morientes, Vision - Xavi Hernandez, Friendliness - Carlos Vela, Stamina - Makelele, Strength - Raul Garcia, Right foot - Zinedine Zidane, Left foot - Rivaldo, Dribbling - Lionel Messi, Professionalism - Gabi.
Fran Merida (Osasuna): "Vision? I could list various players. But I'll say Xavi. He might be the best midfielder in Spanish football history, in my opinion." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NDoOUkz38

Marc Bartra (Dortmund): "Xavi is more culé than the club's crest itself."

Raynald Denoueix (ex-Nants): "Barca's midfield hasn't been the same because there are some quality players that can't be replaced like Xavi"
Raynald Denoueix: "Xavi is irreplaceable, maybe the substitute of Xavi is Verratti. He has really the same style"

Deulofeu (AC Milan): How much did you learn playing with Messi, Xavi & Iniesta? "Too much. They are the best three players in the world."
Deulofeu: "Every training session I felt lucky to train with them, and they were amazing players."
Deulofeu: "When you watch Iniesta, Messi and Xavi training, you see, and you know, that these are the best players in the world."

Jose Antonio Reyes' perfect player (Espanyol): Hair style - Leo Baptistao, Heading - Ivan Zamorano, Vision - Xavi, Friendliness - Vitolo, Stamina - Jesus Navas, Strength - Grzegorz Krychowiak, Right foot - Cristiano Ronaldo, Left foot - Leo Messi, Dribbling - Leo Messi, Professionalism - Grzegorz Krychowiak.
Jose Antonio Reyes (Espanyol): "Vision? Xavi. I think he's been one of the best player in the world ever seen." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuuAthxAOjs

Dani Parejo' perfect player (Valencia CF): Hair style - Neymar, Heading - Cristiano Ronaldo, Vision - Xavi, Friendliness - Andres Iniesta, Stamina - Makelele, Strength - Gareth Bale, Right foot - Zidane, Left foot - Leo Messi, Dribbling - Ronaldinho, Professionalism - Raul.
Dani Parejo' perfect player (Valencia CF): "Vision? I'd say Xavi. He can find you in football."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k5UEiePmRM
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Previous

Return to FC Barcelona