Lionel Messi ● There Will Be Haters ● Greatest Player Ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4m23wJojJY
"Més que un club"
Цэнгүүн
Culé
Culé

Re: Месси

Postby turuue » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:27 am

1. WHAT PERCENTAGE OF THEIR CAREER GOALS LED TO TROPHIES?

2. IN WHICH YEAR DID THEY SCORE THEIR HIGHEST GOALSCORING TALLY?

3. HOW MANY MAJOR TITLES DID THEY WIN?

4. WHAT WERE THEIR CAREER GOAL SCORING RATIOS?

5. HOW MANY TITLES DID THEY WIN?

Төрөө
turuue

Postby Zoe » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:20 pm

In 2004, 11 babies in Catalonia were named Leo (after Messi). In 2014, 422 babies in Catalonia were named Leo [ser]

Rakitic's dream 5 side: Prosinecki, Messi, Reyes, Pique, Neuer.

Pellegrini (Man City coach) “After Aguero's 5 goals against Newcastle, of course he's on Messi and Cristiano's level.” [efe]

Rijkaard (ex-coach Barcelona): "Messi's numbers are those of the best player in history. Keeps on surprising us. And he's still young." [oc]

Benitez (coach Real Madrid): "Messi is the best player in the world? Cristiano is at my team and I'm very happy about that." [cope]

Diego Forlan: "I think Messi better than Cristiano, but others may disagree with me. Just be grateful to be around to watch them.”

Vermaelen: "Still impressed by Messi? I love football and of course it's special to play with such a legend. Enjoy every training with him."
Vermaelen: "Messi en Neymar are gifted, you can't reach that level with training. Every week they do things that make our mouths drop open."

Alba: "My dream five-a-side team? Leo, surely. Iniesta and Xavi. Puyol. Valdes." [uefa]

Nestor Ortigoza (San Lorenzo): "Messi is ARG's only irreplaceable player. He's the best in the world. You can't control him." [ole]

Zidane: “Cristiano Ronaldo's rivalry with Messi pushes him to better his game.” [canal+]

Dybala (Juventus): "I had posters of Riquelme and Ronaldinho in my room, but my example has always been Messi." [tuttosport]

Tevez (Boca): "Messi is a bonus for us. He's the best player in the world. But we're a team and we should try to replace him all together."
Tevez (Boca): "Messi draws opponent players away from you. They focus on Messi, try to stop him, so the other players have more freedom."

Gary Lineker: " Messi, Suarez and Neymar could well prove to be the most prolific, thrilling, unstoppable front 3 of all time."

Deco: "Ronaldo's obsession with being the best borders levels of sickness. Messi is a one of a kind player, once in 2 generations" (90mins)

David Beckham: “My favorite players to watch are Messi and Ronaldo. Also Morata, Verratti, and of course Neymar.” [efe]

Steven Gerrard: “Choosing between Messi and Cristiano is like choosing between Pele and Maradona. Their numbers are incredible.”
Steven Gerrard: “Messi or Cristiano? If I was forced to choose, I would pick Messi because he's more of a team player.” [mirror]
Steven Gerrard: “Messi and Cristiano are the only two opponents I've been afraid of in my career. They're operating on a different planet.”
Steven Gerrard: “Messi is a genius with the ball at his feet. Cristiano is deadly from set pieces and he's deadly in the air.”

Redknapp (ex-Liverpool): "I watched Martial for 90 minutes in the CL and the only 19-year-old I've seen better at that age was Messi." [sky]

Deco (Former FCB): "Ronaldo is a machine, but Messi is a genius."

Pele: “I'd like to play for Barcelona with Messi and Neymar. They are the same style as Santos and Brazil of my day.” [telegraph]

Verratti's dream 5-side including Himself, Ibra, Maxwell, Thiago, and Messi.

Zapatero: "For me, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi are the divine threesome. There has never been anything like it in football before and I don't think we'll see anything like it again. They are on a different level,"
Zapatero: "Messi is the epitome of competitiveness. He'd win at whatever he did. He even wants to win in training. Guardiola told me as much one time he came to visit the Moncloa [the Spanish president's official residence]. He wouldn't let his son get the ball off of him. This is in a player's makeup, apart from talent,"
Marcelo:Messi's the best in the world
Keylor Navas:Leo's the best player in the world,he's God's gift!
Guti:Messi's the best.Difficult to admit,but it's truth.I like him alot more than Cristiano. :-)
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:06 pm

Messi becomes brand ambassador of Indian automobile company

Top-selling player shirts 2015: 1 Messi 2 Ronaldo 3 Depay 4 Schweinsteiger 5 Hazard 6 Rooney 7 Neymar 8 Aguero 9 Alexis 10 Coutinho [kitbag]

Claudio Gentile (Italy 1982): "I'd like to mark Messi."
Gentile: "The same things I did at the Sarrià against Maradona. Above all, to not let him get the ball and if he does, in the worst conditions possible. It must never be him that starts off a move with the advantage."
Gentile: "You need to mark Messi in a special way, to keep him away from the rest of the team."

Eusebio (ex-assistant): "When he joined, we knew Messi was special, because of skills, boldness, how he trained, will to score, to win…"
Eusebio (ex-assistant): "That Gamper game (in 2005) when Messi drove the Juve defenders and Capello totally crazy was spectacular." [l'esp]
Eusebio (ex-assistant): "Messi was special, but it was impossible to know he would do all this. I think only he knew, he was very ambitious"

Pele: "Messi is the best player of the last decade. Some people compare him to Ronaldo, but they're different types of players."
Pele: "Comparing generations? No doubt football is tougher now, but if you have this gift by God, football is the same in every generation."

Carl Jenkinson (West Ham) “Alexis Sanchez is up there with the best in the world. In the same bracket as Ronaldo and Messi.” [drivetime]

Ronaldinho: "My favourite player? Messi."

Franck Ribery: “Messi is class. There is him, and then there is the rest. What he does is extraordinary.”

Ray Hudson: “They tell me that all men are equal in God’s eyes, this player (Messi) makes you seriously think about those words.”

Massimo Luongo (Queens Park Rangers): "Messi deserves the Ballon d'Or this year. I think he's just beyond everyone else." [goal]

Yaya Toure: “The best player I’ve played with? You know it’s Messi. He was born to change football… A genius, a legend. It's not natural.
Yaya Toure: “Messi or Ronaldinho? Both are great, but Messi is a genius . Ronaldinho is a magician, but honestly he is nowhere near Messi.”

Messi: "I enjoy assisting as much as scoring? Truth is I do. Main thing is that the team win. I want to help them doing that, no matter how"
Messi: "If not footballer, which job I'd have liked? Don't know. Since I was a kid I've always dreamt of becoming a footballer." [adidas]

Yaya Touré: “Messi's the best I've played with. Evra and Tevez said Cristiano works hard but Messi is different. He's a genius.” [bt]
Touré: “Messi's the best I've played against. He jokingly said he'd nutmeg me. He did it to 2 City players and I thought he'd do that to me”
Yaya Touré: “Whenever Messi came near me, I said 'Please don't nutmeg me'. I was afraid he would embarrass me in front of my family.”
Yaya Touré: "Playing with Messi is fantastic, but playing against him is the worst"

David Garcia (ex-Espanyol in 2004) “I never imagined that Messi would become the greatest ever, if not the greatest.”

Belletti (ex-Barça) “Every year, Messi wanted to be better, he always wanted more. Messi is the Pelé of my generation.”

Iker Casillas (Porto) “Most feared forward I ever faced? Messi, always Messi. I played against him many times.” [porto fb chat]

Sergio Aguero: “My dream five-a-side team? Messi, Sergio Ramos, Cesc Fabregas, Eden Hazard, and myself (smiles).” [uefa]

Vermaelen: "Messi also superstar off pitch? Absolutely not. Just the opposite. More than at my other teams, this is a squad without stars."

Lothar Matthaus (ex-Bayern): "For me it would be a huge surprise if Messi didn’t win the Ballon d'Or this year." [fifa]
Guti:Messi's the best.Difficult to admit,but it's truth.I like him alot more than Cristiano. :-)
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:44 am

:eek: :eek: :ногоон: :ногоон:

Journalist on how Messi's goal against Bayern in May gave him hope in fighting cancer [by @_paulhayward]

2nd division side Mirandés announce the signing of Messi on their official Twitter account http://as.com/diarioas/2015/11/04/engli ... 75591.html :-o

Messi's foundation received a Social Responsibility award by Special Olympics for supporting projects for disabled young athletes. [via md]

20 Brazilian Serie A coaches were asked who they wanted on their team: 14 said Messi, 5 said Ronaldo, 1 said Falcao [globo]

Lothar Matthaus: "Messi's goal tally, spectacular play and successes speak for themselves. He has repeatedly proven his exceptional class."

Neymar Sr (father): "Messi is ahead of Neymar, he's too good. He's an inspiration for Neymar. He's a great teammate, on and off the pitch."

Mario Kempes (ex-ARG) on @AlPrimerToque “The similarity between Maradona and Messi is that they both can carry a team on their back.”
Mario Kempes on @AlPrimerToque “They say that Messi has played with better players than Maradona and I disagree with that.”

Mario Gomez (Besiktas) “My five-a-side dream team? Neuer, Jay-Jay Okocha, Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Romario.” [uefa

Javi Sanchez (Villanovense): "I'd love to play against Messi. I'm Madrid fan, but I have to say that Messi is the best player in the world."

Rijkaard (ex-coach Barcelona): "Messi's numbers are those of the best player in history. I hope he's back soon." [onda cero]

Former Germany and Bayern Munich goalkeeper Oliver Kahn's dream team: Kahn; Lahm Beckenbauer Baresi Lizarazu; Robben Redondo Ze Roberto; Maradona Batistuta Messi.

Payet (West Ham) “I think in the coming years, Eden Hazard will be the best along with Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.” [mirror]

Alex Morgan (U.S. women's player) “It's hard to argue against Messi as the best in the world but Neymar isn't far behind.” [globo]

Josep Sanchez de Toledo (Doctor at the Vall d'Hebron Institue of Oncology): "Sometimes. on TV shows that I rarely watch, I hear how some people spek of Leo Messi and I think how unfair people are or how easy it is to talk about someone you don't know. Messi helped me heal a kid who didn't want to do anything, didn't want to eat or take his medicine. And he spent all day locked in a room with the kid to cheer him up without anyone knowing. And he returned the next day and the day after that and so on. I don't know if he went tor train or not, but he came here every day." :-D :-D

Javier Zanetti (ex-Inter Milan) “My five-a-side dream team? Messi, Diego Milito, Ronaldo, Diego Simeone, Javier Zanetti.” [uefa]
Arsene Wenger: “Cristiano Ronaldo is, with Messi, the best player in recent years.” [efe]

Wenger: “Messi has a little advantage over Ronaldo on assists but overall, the two have been fantastic players.”

Berardi (Sassuolo) “Between Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi, I prefer the latter.” [sky italia]

Pele: "Messi is a player who I consider superior to many others." (futmob)

Lafita (Getafe) “Messi is the best in the world.”

Aubameyang (Dortmund) “I want to be great. To be the greatest, Ronaldo and Messi can score 3 in one game and 4 the next day.” [telefoot]

Andersson (ex-Barça) “Barça aren't the same without Messi but I don't think Messi dependence is bad because you have him on your team.” [md]

Shevchenko: "¿The Ballon d'Or? Messi has the pole position"

Fabio Capello on @partidodelas12 “Messi is Barça's most important player, but now, Neymar and Suarez have carried the team on their back.”

Adrian (West Ham): "Best player I ever faced? Think Messi. You know how he plays, but he's so skilful that he's difficult to stop." [whufc]

Di Maria (PSG) “Messi or Cristiano? They're both the best in the world. I can't pick one or the other. They're the best.” [marca]

Sampaoli (Chile coach) “Messi is a player who makes a big difference when he's committed to a project.” [espn]
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Young Messi & his wife Antonella

Line-up of one-club men

Riquelme (ex-Barça, Boca Juniors) “Argentines have to be thankful everyday that we had Maradona and now Messi.” [clarin]

Pele: “I think that Messi is an example of determination and perseverance. He didn't have it easy when he was young.” [marca]

Arda Turan's 'Best 11 ever': Buffon, S. Ramos, Maldini, Beckenbauer, Zidane, Cruyff, INIESTA, Ronaldo, Maradona, MESSI, Cristiano [sport]

Marco Reus: “Players I'd most like to play with? Preferably the best in the world. Messi or Ronaldo. In midfield, it would be Iniesta.”
Marco Reus: “Messi or Ronaldo? That's really difficult to say. Both are playing at a high level.” [fb europa league chat]

Shevchenko (ex-Chelsea) “In the last 5 years, Messi and Ronaldo have evolved into two great players. The quality they produce is amazing.”
Shevchenko: “Messi, with Barça winning the Champions League, is in pole position to win the Ballon d'Or.” [marca]
Shevchenko: “I'm sure that Messi and Ronaldo will score 50-70 goals per season and no less than that.”

Frank Lampard on @SkySports: For me, Messi is the best player on all time. When he's at his best, nobody can get near him.

Insúa: “Messi's the best in the world and has been for many years.”
Insúa: “When Messi is on the pitch, you notice the difference. His mere presence makes rivals afraid and insecure.”

Xavi: "For me, Messi is the best player of all time. I think Neymar and Suarez even made him a little bit better." [sky]

Cesc (Chelsea): "My ultimate XI? Courtois - Azpilicueta Marquinhos Pique Alaba - Pogba Fabregas Verratti - Messi Suarez Hazard." [motdm]

Pele: "Comparisons between me and Messi? Messi is the best player now. He has the same style as Maradona and Zico." [placar]

Forlan: "Messi is more likely to produce magic than Ronaldo, to make a difference, to get out of a spot when surrounded by four players."

Diego Forlan (ex-Man United -Villarreal): "Maybe Ronaldo needs a teammate to help change a game, but Messi can do it alone." [the national]

Oliver Kahn's dream team: Oliver Kahn; Philipp Lahm, Franz Beckenbauer, Franco Baresi, Bixente Lizarazu; Arjen Robben, Fernando Redondo, Ze Roberto; Diego Maradona, Gabriel Batistuta, Lionel Messi.

Zanetti (ex-Inter): "Five-a-side dream team? Messi, D.Milito, Ronaldo, Simeone, myself. Messi can come up with a great play any time" [uefa]

Belletti (ex-Barcelona): "Messi is best player in history? In my history, yes. Since I was born, I didn't see any better player than Messi."
Belletti: "Messi's greatest merit? To stay at this level for such a long time. Apart from Pele, many greats couldn't keep it up for so long"

Sergio Aguero: “For me, Messi is the best in history but (Brazilian) Ronaldo influenced me the most.” [uefa]

Tw Niall Horan (singer One Diretcion): "Favourite players at the moment? Excluding Messi (injured obviously) .. Neymar, Suarez and Özil"

Nolito (Celta): "Ronaldo is good, but Messi is unique. Both are phenomenons, but Messi does things no one else does."

Muricy Ramalho (ex-coach Santos): "Neymar knows Messi is the best in the world, the leader of this Barça. He respects him a lot." [rac1]

David Villa: “Messi makes the difference in any game and everything changes on the field.” [marca]

Bellerin (Arsenal) “Messi is the kind of player that can do anything.” [copa90]
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Re: LEO MESSI

Postby Zoe » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:34 pm

@fundaciomessi

Leo new boots!

David Villa (New York City FC): "Leo makes the difference. With him on the pitch, everything changes." [marca]

Ronaldo (Madrid): "Rivalry with Messi? We have a normal relationship, a good one, we are not home friends but we respect each other." [itv]
Cristiano Ronaldo: “I've started seeing Messi as a person, not a rival, but we are always busting our balls to see who is better.” [efe]

Kobe Bryant: "I wear the number 10 Jersey for US Team, in honour of the Greatest athlete I have EVER seen: Messi."

Muricy Ramalho (ex-coach Santos): "Messi is still the best, but I think Neymar has already reached the level of Cristiano." [catradio]

Elias (Brazil) “I think that in football, there are irreplaceable players, and Messi is one of them.” [efe]

Beckham (ex-Man United): "For me, Messi is the player everyone dreams of playing with or against. Everyone wants to be like him." [telefe]

Zola (ex-Chelsea) “It's unfair to compare Maradona and Messi because they're from different eras. Both are extraordinary.”

Ronaldinho: “It’s really nice to see how Messi has grown. My fondest memory with him was his first ever goal.”
Ronnie: "It’s nice to know that I provided the pass of his first goal at Barca. It was a very special moment for me.”
Ronaldinho. “He was always a top quality player. He started very young with us and it is crazy how he has gone on to make so much history.”

Piqué: "Dream team? De Gea- Stones, Piqué, Ramos- Iniesta, Busquets, Fabregas, Pogba- Messi, Suarez and Neymar."

Xavi's best XI: Valdes; R.Carlos Abidal Puyol Dani Alves; Busquets Pirlo Iniesta; Ronaldinho Eto'o Messi

Diego Forlan: "Maybe Ronaldo needs a teammate to help change a game, but Messi can do it alone."
Diego Forlan: "Messi is more likely to produce magic than Ronaldo, to make a difference, to get out of a spot when covered by four players."

Marquinhos (PSG) “Players most hard to mark? Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar. Just a millisecond of carelessness, and they score.” [yahoo]

Cesc: “Barça have fantastic players. The attacking trio decides games even though the best of them is missing now, Messi.”

Romero (Man United) “The quickest player has to be Messi. He's shown over the years how quick he is with the ball at his feet.”
Romero: “Thank goodness I've always played with Messi and not against him because he's very difficult to stop.” [manutd]
Sergio Romero: “Best passer I ever teamed up with? Messi, without a doubt!

Edmilson (ex-Barça) “Neymar's enjoying a fantastic moment, I'm not surprised. He knows his role on the team with Messi ahead of him..”
Edmilson: “I think Messi and Cristiano are still ahead of Neymar, both are still playing at a high level.” [rac1]

Hagi (ex-Real Madrid -Barcelona): "My top-3 for the Ballon d'Or is Messi, Ronaldo, and then it's between Ibrahimovic and Neymar." [cope]

Zidane: “Do Barça need Messi? Sorry, we're talking about Messi here. Every team in the world would be happy to have someone like him.”
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:29 pm

Players with most attacking contributions in Champions League 2014/2015

Messi with his son and former player Ariel Ortega

Ronaldo's Dream XI: Iribar; Maldini Beckenbauer Cafu; Maradona Zidane Cruyff Xavi; Di Stefano Pele Messi

Zinane: "After Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo, Hazard is my favourite player"

Ray Hudson: “In America, we give hurricanes a name. If they ever call one Lionel Messi, you'd better evacuate.”

Xavi: “Messi has become the man. He's shy, but when he has your confidence and trust you see what he's like and he's a very good person.”
Xavi: “Messi and Ronaldo push each other. Messi wouldn't be as good without Ronaldo. They wouldn't have all won those Ballon d'Ors.”
Xavi: “While Messi and Ronaldo are great scorers, Messi is much more involved in the play of the team.” [espnfc]
Xavi: “Messi is witty, very ironic in his humor. He's intelligent and he's clever. Most of all, he's a winner.”

Kenny Logan (New Zealand ruby player) “Jonah Lomu (rugby player who died recently) was the Messi or Ronaldo of rugby.” [record]

Guardiola: "It has been an honour to be the coach of the best player I have ever seen and the best I will ever see."

Ivan Rakitic: "Messi is one and only, no one like him will ever be born again. When it gets tough, he pops up and solves the problem"

Herrera (Man United): "Fittest player played against? Messi. Best passer played against? Xavi. Finest finisher played against? Messi" [mufc]

Neymar: “I hope to grow next to Messi, the best in the world, and one day become the best"

Shaqiri (Stoke): "Ballon d'Or? Messi again won the CL, played great games in knock-out stage. We'll see but I think he has the edge." [fifa]

Laporta (ex-president) “Messi is a winner, he loves this type of match (Clasicos) because they are the best show in the world.” [as]

Thierry Henry: "Lionel Messi is giving Real Madrid nightmares for 10 years already."

Romero (Man Utd): "Fastest player played with? Messi. Fittest? Mascherano. Best passer? Messi. Best passer played against? Neymar." [mufc]

Xavi: "Messi is the greatest ever. Football is better than ever and he stands out as the best at the best time in the history of football."
Xavi: "Messi is shy. A very good person. A joker. He's witty, ironic in his humour. Intelligent, clever. Most of all, he's a winner." [espn]

Pep Guardiola's Dream XI: Neuer; Dani Alves Pique Puyol Alaba; Xavi Xavi Alonso Iniesta; Messi Eto'o Robben
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Messi and Man City player Aguero in video game commercial

Curry (Golden State Warriors): "I'm the Messi of the NBA? Don't know. We both have a creative style. I try to do nice things, just like him"
Stephen Curry (Warriors): "I love to watch Messi play because you never know what he's going to do. I love his talent." [via sport]

Lewandowski (Bayern) “I can't say who's better between Messi and Ronaldo because they're different players. Both are superstars.” [goal]

Icardi (Inter Milan) “I'm Argentine, and that's why I admire Messi most. For me, he's the best player in the world.” [goal]

Jorge Lorenzo (MotoGP racer) “Ballon d'Or? For a culé like me, Messi is a demigod. He’s given us so much. So I'm going to stick with him.”
Jorge Lorenzo: “It's hard to choose between Ronaldo and Messi. Messi is all natural talent and he's taking things very seriously.” [fifa]

Ancelotti (ex-Madrid coach) “Suarez and Neymar are doing very well but Barça with Messi are something else.” [goal]
Ancelotti: “Messi's return is not good news for Roma. Messi brings goals, quality, he brings everything!”
Ancelotti: “I don’t see Barcelona suffering with Messi, nor Neymar nor Suarez.”

Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:11 pm

new boots from January!

Goal.com: “Lionel Messi wins the Goal 50 award for a record fourth time (2009, 2011, 2013 and 2015).”

Arsenal fan's pie-in-the-sky Messi plan (Marca)

Like most supporters out there, Matt Clark would love Leo Messi to play for his team.
The difference is that this Arsenal fan has actually devised a scheme to make it happen, launching a crowdfunding campaign whereby he and 599,999 of his fellow Gunners would chip in one euro a week in order to pay the wages the Barça star would demand to move to the Emirates Stadium... leaving just the small matter of a transfer fee to take care of.
The creative, tongue-in-cheek idea came in response to a story in the Daily Star suggesting Messi might be willing to leave Barcelona and mooting Arsenal as a possible destination.

Bruno Conti (ex-Roma): "Coaches can prepare a game well, but a player like Messi cannot be stopped by tactics." [goal]

Alex Teixeira's (Shakhtar Donetsk) five-a-side dream team: Messi, Romário, Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldo [uefa]

Hagi (ex-Barça, ex-Madrid) on @partidodelas12 “In the world, there are 3 players from another planet: Messi, Cristiano, and Ibrahimovic.”

Shaqiri: “Only Messi and Ronaldo are on the same level. We'll see who wins. I believe Messi will be a step ahead.” [fifa]

De Boer (ex-Ajax) “My best player is Messi. He can do almost everything and so if I have to choose one as my favorite, it's Messi.”
De Boer: “Messi or Ronaldo? If I have to pick one then I will take Messi. I like him more because he gives more.” [omnisport]
De Boer: “Messi also gives 40 assists a year and scores 50 goals, and that, I like very much about him.”

Henry Romero (Aguila, captain SLV): "Ballon d'Or? I'd vote for Messi first, Cristiano Ronaldo second, and Luis Suarez third." [edh]

Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors) “I love watching Messi play. I'm a big fan. You don't know what he'll do every time.” [efe]
Curry (Warriors): "When Messi's on TV, everybody is glued in because, as soon as he gets the ball, something special could happen." [dmail]
http://www.weloba.com/when-magic-reigns ... -and-curry

Mexes (Milan) “Messi and Ronaldo are two of the world's greatest along with Maradona, Pele, Zidane, Platini, Cruyff and Beckenbauer.”
Mexes: “Messi is so alert, so good at running with the ball and quick with it. Ronaldo is about power, acceleration, and shooting.” [fifa]

Pellegrini (Man City coach) “Messi to City? I don't talk about rumors. Every coach in the world would like to have Messi.”

Joan Laporta (ex-president) “For me, with respect to all the greats in history, Messi is the best of them all.” [goal]
Laporta: “Messi isn't just talented individually. He finishes off moves ands cores but does so much for his teammates.”

Suarez (ex-Barcelona -Inter): "I never saw a trio like Messi-Neymar-Suarez. Key has been Messi's modesty when Suarez and Neymar joined" [md]

Xavi: “Messi has continued to get better and better. Ever since he started at 17-18 years old, he's gotten better every year.”
Xavi: “For me, Messi is the best player in history.”

"Messi inspires Martian massacre"-The transalpine press doffs its cap to Barca’s brilliance:
http://as.com/diarioas/2015/11/25/engli ... 79365.html
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby turuue » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:49 am

[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/p/-1bnbMzfSr/[/instagram]

Мэсси инстаграмд 30 сая дагагчтай болсонд нь С.Көрри баяр хүргэжээ.
Төрөө
turuue

Postby Zoe » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:58 am

Messi with Colombian player Nicole Regnier at Liga award gala

Young Messi scoring wonder goal! Perhaps u haven't seen.

New boots Messi, for Champions League knock-out stage

Kobe Bryant: "I wear the number 10 jersey for the US basketball team in honour of the greatest athlete I have ever seen — Lionel Messi."

Tebas (Liga president): "I think Messi will win the Ballon d'Or. Even Cristiano now admits Messi is better than him."

Arsene Wenger (Arsenal coach) “No doubt that Messi will win the Ballon d'Or this year, as he has won everything. For me, he is the best.”
Wenger: “Messi is touched by God when he has the ball at his feet. He has a supersonic level of training.” [le parisien]

Geronimo Rulli (Real Sociedad): "Hopefully he'll retire with a World Cup winner's medal after everything he's given us Argentinians."
Geronimo Rulli (Real Sociedad): "I'd give it to Messi, second place to Suárez and third to Neymar. I think they're the three best players in the world."

Ronaldo: “I think this year the Ballon d'Or will be between Messi and Ronaldo again. I don't know if Neymar will finish in third.”

Rulli (Real Sociedad): "I'll be able to tell my grankids that I have played against Messi, Neymar and Suarez."

Gheorghe Hagi: "Messi or Cristiano? Cristiano is a good player, but Messi is the best ever."

Alves: "Best player in the world? Messi is a bit ahead, because of his influence on the game. Think at this moment, Neymar is second" [cope]

Edgar Davids (ex-Barça) “Cristiano Ronaldo is just an athlete but Messi is an anomaly.” [fifa]
Edgar Davids: “Messi can dribble, score, pass, he has the vision and he understands the game.”
Edgar Davids: “If you work hard, can you be like Messi? No, impossible. Can you be like Ronaldo? Yes, to a certain extent.”
Edgar Davids: "Nobody wants to face Messi. I've played against Cristiano and you can defend him without problems. Messi is another species."

Juan Mata: "There is no doubting the fact Messi is the worlds best player"

Xavi: "I think Leo is the clear favourite for the Ballon d'Or this year, and he deserves it too for everything he's achieved at Barcelona."
Xavi: "Messi has total command of every aspect of the game. He’s the best at everything and he shows that in every match." [fifa]

Suarez: “Messi is natural pure talent. He's the best in the world and will remain so for a long time.”
Suarez: "I'm not mad about Ballon d'Or. We know Messi is the number one, and there's no doubt Neymar is the number two in the world now."

Kobe Bryant (LA Lakers): "Messi paying tribute to me? I first met Leo when he was 18. Many thanks to him, makes me feel proud. Força Barça."

Julia Roberts (actress): "I know Messi? Sure. My kids play football. They're fanatical. There's a lot of talk about Messi at my house." [tn]

Cobos (Villanovense coach) “We want Messi to play. He's the best player in the world.”

Edgar Davids: "Player I don't want to face? Messi definitely."
Edgar Davids: "Messi combines speed with power and his technical ability is brilliant."

Nadine: "There's no doubt, Messi is the clear winner. Ronaldo doesn't have a chance."
Nadine Kessler: "I agree, Messi's goal was the best."
Nadine Kessler: "To always be on the top these past years is hard work, I have a lot of respect for Messi and Ronaldo."

Juan Mata: "Messi deserves to be the best player. After all he achieved, there's no doubt about that."

Hans Krankl: The trident is marvellous and Messi a little footballing god
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:04 pm

With 25'300 tweets-per-minute, Messi's second goal against Bayern in May was the UK's most tweeted-about sporting moment of 2015. [twitter]

Ig Messi: "I am showing the kit that I wore in my first game with @fcbarcelona. I hope you like it! Hugs."

Ig Stephen Curry (basketball player, Golden State Warriors): "Congrats #leomessi on 30 million! instagram.com/p/-1bnbMzfSr/" [stephencurry30]

Johan Cruyff: “Messi is a team player and his individual brilliance is part of something bigger. Ronaldo's contribution is more limited.”
Johan Cruyff: “Messi scores lots of goals and uses individual class but never loses sight of his teammates.” [marca]
Johan Cruyff: "Messi is a true team player, he flourishes when linking up with the others. He always keeps an eye on his teammates." [ff]

Crespo (ex-Inter) “Among the 'humans', the best now are Higuain, Lewandowski and Suarez. Messi, Ronaldo, and Ibrahimovic are 3 supermen.”

Jorge Lorenzo (MotoGP world champion): "Messi is a half-god for me, because he has given Barça so much." [fifa]
Jorge Lorenzo: "Messi is all natural talent. He could ease off if he wanted and not train as much, but he wants to carry on being the best."

Rio Ferdinand (ex-Man United) “The best way to describe Messi is, he's like a genius. He shouldn't be that good.” [fa]
Rio Ferdinand: “Messi is doing ridiculous things. He's like an artist, just a genius. Cristiano is like a well-oiled machine.”
Rio Ferdinand: “Messi seems like he's more natural. Someone looked down and said 'You're the man'. He's a beautiful footballer.” [fatv]

Valdano (ex-Real Madrid): "Messi-Suarez-Neymar is a miracle. Their friendship has solved the many problems the club has." [record via sport]

Schuster: "Messi for the Ballon d'Or and Neymar second, without any doubt"
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:12 pm

Ig Messi: "Waiting for Santa Claus with the family !!! With my superheroes " [leomessi]

The municipality of Argentina built and named a metro system after Lionel Messi the legend, with his pictures.

Teixeira's dream 5 team: "Ronaldo, Romario, Ronaldinho, Messi, Cristiano."

Belhanda (Dynamo Kyiv): "I'm a Cristiano Ronaldo fan, but to be honest Lionel Messi definitely deserves the Ballon d'Or this year." [fifa]

Leo Messi: "Without me Barca will be the same, without Barca i'm nothing."

Gundogan (Borussia Dortmund): "Who is the best player ever? Lionel Messi." [bundesliga]

Franck Ribery: "Messi is class. There is him, and then there is the rest. What he does is extraordinary"

Stoichkov (ex-Barça) “Favorite to win the Ballon d'Or? The number 10. Lionel Messi.” [efe]

Sterling (Man City): "I try to learn from the biggest players. Definitely Messi and Ronaldo. They just set their lives to play football."

Eduardo Galeano (Uruguayan Writer): I like Messi, Because he doesn't think he is Messi."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic's 'Dream five-a-side team: Ronaldo (Brazilian), Messi, Ibrahimović, Zidane, Ronaldinho [uefa]

Maradona: "Messi, Suarez and Neymar are deadly."

Cannavaro (ex-Juventus -Real Madrid): "Capello wanted to sign Messi for Juventus, but Barça didn't want to let him go." [ser]

Tiger Woods: “What Messi and Ronaldo are doing in soccer now is just phenomenal but in two different ways.” [efe]

Walter Samuel (ex-Real Madrid): "Messi makes the difference. Whenever he gets on the ball it looks like he’s playing PlayStation." [fifa]
Walter Samuel (ex-Roma -Inter): "Who'd I rather avoid in career-closing one-against-one, Ronaldo or Messi? Messi. There’s no one like him."
Walter Samuel (ex-Inter) “Ballon d'Or? It's between Messi and Ronaldo, but I think Messi has the edge this time.” [fifa]
Walter Samuel: “Player I'd avoid in a final, Ronaldo or Messi? Messi. In 2010, I saw what he's capable of. There's no one else like him.”

Schmidt (Leverkusen coach) “Barça are in great shape. With Messi fit again, they're even stronger. He's the best player in the world.”

Ronaldinho: “I always tried to be a good influence on Messi. We lived on the same street. Even then, I knew he was a better player than me.”
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby turuue » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:01 am

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/instantawesome-InstagramoftheYear-151221/lionel-messi-had-eight-10-most-liked-instagram-posts-athletes-2015

Only two athletes kept Messi from having the 10 most-popular athlete posts on IG in 2015.
Of the 10 most popular athlete posts on Instagram of 2015, Messi had 8 of them!
Төрөө
turuue

Postby PrOXy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:52 pm

лео 26 финалын тоглолтонд оролцож 24 гоол хийсэн гэнэ.
зүүн хөлөөрөө 11, баруунаараа 6, хаалттай цохилтоос 3, пеналти 2, толгойгоороо 1, цээжээрээ 1 тус тус оруулжээ.

эсрэг гоолдсон багууд.
атлетик 7
мадрид, севийяа 5
юнайтед, сантос 2
эстудиантес, порту, ривер 1

за энэ их гоё....

ла лигийн 37-р тойрог, висенте кальдерон... лео гоолдож барса лигагаа авах болзлоо хангасан.

копа дель рейн финал. камп ноу... леогийн гайхамшигт гоол 1-0 болгож тоглолтыг ерөнхийд нь шийдсэн.
энэ гоол нь барса илт илүүрхсэн, тоглолт шийдэгдсэн үед биш, тоглолт ид буцалж байх үед (0-0) орсноороо үнэхээр онцлог. том тоглолтын том гоол гэж энэ л дээ. үр дүнд нь, барса урагш алхсан.

а.л-ийн финал, берлин хотын олимпиастадион... хэдий энэ тоглолтонд лео гоолдоогүй ч барсагийн бүх гоолыг бэлдсэн шүү дээ.. иваны гоолын эхлэл, луйситогийн гоолын ребаунд, нейн гоолын эхлэлийг бүгд мань эр л тавьсан.

уефа супер цомын финал, гурж, тбилиси хотын борис динамо арена...
тоглолт дөнгөж эхлээд айлаас банега гоолдож эхлүүлсэн боловч лео тэр дор нь хариуг нь барьж тоог тэнцүүлсэн. төд удалгүй хаалттай цохилтоос гоолдож барсад тэргүүллийг олгосон.....

кдашт-ын финал, ёкохама хотын ёкохама олон улсын цэнгэлдэх.... нутгийн багтаа эхний гоолыг зоож барсад тэргүүлэл авчирсан.

2015 онд барса 5 цом хүртсэн... 5 шигшээ тоглолтонд лео барсаг гоолоор тэргүүлэх боломжийг хангаж, бэлдэж өгсөн... за тэгээд байерн, сити гээд ярьвал цаашаа зөндөө.... месси эффект.
Barça doesn't buy galacticos, we CREATE them.
PrOXy
Culé
Culé

Location: фигугээс бусад бүх цаг үеийн блауграна өмсгөлтнүүд мандтугай!!!

Postby Цэнгүүн » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:37 pm

"Més que un club"
Цэнгүүн
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:39 pm

Messi with trophy for Best Player of the Year at Globe Soccer Awards

World Player of 2015: 1 Messi 2 Ronaldo 3 Neymar 4 Suarez 5 Lewandowski 6 Muller 7 Iniesta 8 Ibrahimovic 9 Pogba 10 Neuer [world soccer magazine]

Best Male Athlete 2015 : Bolt 28% - Djokovic 27% - Messi 13% [aips]

Google CEO Sundar Pichai on being fan of football, Barcelona and Messi

Most popular athletes on Facebook in 2015:
Floyd Mayweather
Manny Pacquiao
Ronda Rousey
LIONEL MESSI
Cristiano Ronaldo
Tom Brady [facebook]

Kobe Bryant: “Messi and I are the same. As people, we're different but the love we have for our sport is the same.” [espn]

Ribery: "Messi is at the top and no one can be compared with him — he is the best and all players come after him."

Neymar: "Messi helped me a lot both in and outside the pitch. We are friends and I want to continue playing with him to be a better player."

Arsene Wenger (during Q&A with beIN Sports) “Best player? Maybe Messi.”

Matheus (Sporting Lisbon): "Cristiano is a reference here at Sporting, he's an inpiration, but Messi is the best in the world now." [goal]

Messi: “If anyone inspired me to play football, without doubt, it was Maradona.” [gente]

Prandelli: “Messi is football. He is what football fans want to watch: technique, creativity, skills, class, enjoyment, the lot.” [uefa]

Zanetti (ex-Inter): "Messi is the world's best player, no doubt. He'll deservedly win his fifth Ballon d'Or. You can only applaud Leo." [md]

Thiago Alcantara: “You watch Messi. He does things that aren't impossible for him but to play against him is impossible.” [goal]

Jamie Carragher (ex-Liverpool) “Mahrez is doing things with that left foot that I've only seen Messi do.” [sky]

Mahrez (Leicester): "When people mention me and Messi together it’s amazing, because to me Messi is the best of the best." [telegraph]
Riyad Mahrez (Leicester): "Messi is the best of the best. You can’t say anything to him, he's the boss." [telegraph]

Xavi: "Messi is the best at everything he does. He's the best defender when defending because he wins the ball back."

Edgar Davids (ex-Ajax -Juventus -Barcelona): "Ballon d'Or favourite? If he’s fit, most of the time it’s Messi. He is an anomaly." [fifa]
Edgar Davids: "The Ballon d’Or? The rest will have to wait for Messi’s decline"

Dybala: "Getting to know Messi is the only dream which has not come true [for me] yet. I follow his every move and hope to learn from him."

Rafinha: “I'm a Neymar fan but Messi is from another planet. Neymar will be the best one day, but now, it's Messi.” #fcblive [globo]

Ronaldinho on @FCBtv “Messi is a simple person, very calm. He would sit by me in the dressing room. We started a true friendship.”

Messi: “Before Ronaldinho left, he came months before and had in his head he was leaving and told me to take the number 10 shirt.”

Javier Tebas: “What helps La Liga sell TV rights abroad is the presence of superstars like Messi and Ronaldo.” [ser]
Tebas (La Liga pres.) “If we were to reach the stage where Messi and Ronaldo leave La Liga, we would have a problem with the TV rights.”

Ronaldo (Ex-Brazil) “Messi or Cristiano? Messi. He's an alien. Cristiano too, but Messi is more complete.” [clarin]

Robert (Fluminense): "I'm a Barça fan. I've always followed the games due to Brazilians like Ronaldinho. Favorite players? Messi and Neymar"

Sam and Charlie Woods (Tiger Woods sons) “Who would I be, my dad or Messi? Messi. He's playing.” [usa today]

Vincent Kompany (Man City) “It's been tough against Messi. He's tormented us when we played Barcelona, especially last season's CL.”
Kompany on @BBCr4today “I've played against Messi 5 or 6 times. The last two times, he was exceptional.”
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:36 am

Google's Most Searched Sportsperson in India in 2015:
Virat Kohli
MESSI
Sachin Tendulkar
M S Dhoni
Cristiano Ronaldo
Roger Federer

Most valuable players (in M€): Messi 251 - Neymar 153 - Hazard 131 - Ronaldo 114 - Kane 91 - Sterling 90 - Griezmann 88 - Suarez 86 [cies]

Andrea Pirlo: “Messi is a great champion, he's showing it this year. He's the best in the world.”

Frank Lampard: "I grew up with Maradona, he was my favourite player, but for me, Messi is the best, not just of this era, but of every era."
Lampard (NY City, ex-Chelsea): "I love watching Messi play, I love his personality, his humility. He's a great, great player."

Xavi: "It is now more difficult to attack and dribble, but Leo still creates space and scores goals, it makes a difference."

Ronaldo (ex-PSV -Barcelona -Real Madrid): "Messi or Cristiano? Difficult, but I choose Messi. He's an alien. He's a more complete player."
Ronaldo (ex-Barcelona): "I love Messi, I like him more than any other player. He's spectacular. He's very good ànd very effective." [clarin]

Xavi: "I never felt like I deserved to win the Balon d'Or. When Messi, the best player ever, is around, it's normal he wins it." [record]
Xavi: "Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar and Suarez are amazing players, incredible footballers, but they're all behind Messi." [record via efe

Melendi (singer): "As a Barça fan, this generation is unique. Busquets is from another planet. And Messi is the best ever, no doubt" [sport]

Kobe Bryant (LA Lakers): "We're different as a person, Messi is more reserved, but our love for our sports is the same. We're both obsessed"

Cannavaro (ex-Juventus -Real Madrid): "Capello asked me (in 2005) if I had seen Messi, and I said: he'll be one of the best players ever."

Sundar Pichai (ceo Google): "I am a big football fan. I am a big Barcelona and Lionel Messi fan." [via indiatoday]

Ariel Ortega (ex-River Plate -Valencia -Sampdoria): "Leo is unique, unrepeatable and incomparable. He is the best." [via sport]

Rafael van der Vaart (Tottenham): "Best football player I played against? I think Messi. He killed us." [#5 magazine]

Hans Krankl: "I saw Cruyff play, I saw Maradona, but Messi is the best player I've seen in my life. For me, he's the best ever."

Thiago (Bayern): "Messi, Suarez, and Neymar are making history for Barca. They are a powerful trident." (ESPN)

Riquelme: “You can't pretend Messi plays the same way for club and country. Zabaleta and Rojo don't attack like Alves and Alba do.”
Riquelme: “It would have been nice if River fans applauded Messi. He's our emblem and has represented Argentina the best way possible.”

Pele: “I've said that Messi is the best in the last 10 years. Today, there's no comparison. Before, it was Cristiano, now it's Messi again.”

Zanetti (ex-Inter) “I hope Messi can play at Inter. He's happy at Barça though. With all he's won, he has nothing to prove to anyone.”
Zanetti: “We just have to enjoy Messi and understand what a great ambassador he is for the sport.” [espn]

Eto'o (Antalyaspor, ex-Barcelona): "Ballon d'Or? Messi will be first, Neymar second, and Cristiano Ronaldo third." [espn brasil]

Nadal (ex-Barça) “Messi has something special. He's unpredictable.”
Nadal: “A defender never knows when to go for the ball. It's impossible to stop Messi one-on-one.”
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:57 pm

op 5 most searched sports people on Google in India this year

Japanese presenter passionately thanking Messi.

Marco Reus: "Best player ever? Lionel Messi."

Stephen Curry (Golden State Warriors) “My shin guards due to a shin contusion? I've got to bring out my Messi mindset tonight, we'll see.”

Koeman (Southampton coach) “It's hard at this stage of the season to bring one player who will change everything. Maybe if we sign Messi.”

Thiago (Bayern): "Greatest player of all time? For me, no doubt: Lionel Messi. We have the pleasure to enjoy today the best ever." [bayern]

Sampaoli: “Messi is a complete player. He can finish a game himself. Or Ronaldo, with different characteristics. One can name plenty.” [ld]

Jovetic (Inter): "Messi is the best in the history of the game. First is Messi, then come all the others. He's an inspiration for me." [sc]

Aguero (Man City): "Messi could deal with the pressure in EPL? He's the best player in the world, he can play in any competition." [goal]

D'Onofrio (president River): "Messi's kindness after Club World Cup surprised me. Despite being world's best, he's warm and humble" [clarin]

Xavi: "Right now, football is better than ever, and Messi stands out as the best player at the best time in the history of football.”
Xavi: "Messi has matured. He is still shy, but when he has your confidence and trust you will see that he is a very good person."
Xavi: "Messi is a joker — he is witty and very ironic in his humour. He is also intelligent, and most of all he is a winner.”

Joaquin (Betis): "I respect all players... but Messi is Messi. Many, many years will pass before we see another player like him." [periodico]
Joaquin (Betis): "One day God said: I give you these legs and only you will have them. That's why Messi is fabulous - touched by magic wand"

Diego Forlan (ex-Atletico): "Best player of 2015? Messi remains a game changer, the one who provide a magic moment like no other" [national]
Diego Forlan: "Messi scored lots of incredible goals in 2015 – my favourite was when he chipped Manuel Neuer in the CL semi-final."

David Villa (Former Barca): "Playing with Messi up front was fantastic; some of the best years of my life." (BeIn Sports)

Keegan (ex-Liverpool) “Messi and Ronaldo should have shared the Ballon d'Or the last 4 years. The two have been on a different level.” [sc]
Kevin Keegan: “Upcoming Ballon d'Or? I would like to see someone else win it, but I think Messi, it's his turn.”

Sampaoli: “Messi is a complete player. He can finish a game himself. Or Ronaldo, with different characteristics. One can name plenty.” [ld]

Luis Felipe Scolari: 'MSN like Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho'

Lomban (Granada): "Toughest I've marked? Messi. No one has his reaction time. He decides at the last moment. Best I've ever seen." [weloba]

Hristo Stoitchkov: "There can be no doubt that Messi will win the Ballon d'Or. The only problem is that Suarez isn't among the finalists."
Stoitchkov (ex-Barcelona): "Messi is not competing with anyone anymore - he's a legend. I doubt there will be another player like him" [fcb]

Arda Turan: "I've never seen anyone like Messi. He's one of God's miracles." [sabah via sport]

Thierry Henry: "You can't explain what Leo is doing. You can just admire him and enjoy him. Because what he does is simply not normal."
Thierry Henry (ex-Arsenal -Barcelona): "We had amazing players in our team, but when we didn't know what to do, we looked for Leo." [fcb]
Thierry Henry: "It'd be madness if Messi wouldn't win the Ballon d'Or. What I don't understand is why Suarez isn't among the finalists."
Thierry Henry: “We used to say that a player who got 23-25 goals in a season was an incredible striker. Messi does that in three months.”

Lorena Gomez (singer) “There won't be another like Messi. He's a genius, a unique player. He deserves the Ballon d'Or and 100 more.”
Lorena Gomez: “All that Messi has earned is by effort and sacrifice. No one has given him anything.” #fcblive [sport]
Lorena Gomez: “I like people who fight for their dreams until the end and Messi is an example of that.”

Ronaldinho: “For me, Messi is the best in the world. He's the best and that's it.” [goal]

Puyol: “Cristiano and Neymar are great players but Messi is above their level.”

Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:23 pm

Fb Messi: "Welcome home!" [leomessi]

Messi's new Adidas 'Messi 15' boots commemorating his 5 Ballon d'Or awards

Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:42 pm

Ballon d'Or 2015 votes: Messi 41.33% - Ronaldo 27.76% - Neymar 7.86% #fcblive [fifa]

Messi has been named embassador of the 2020 World Expo in Dubai

and many more...... give me a break! :ногоон:
Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:33 am

Zoe
Culé
Culé

Postby Zoe » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:01 am

"Messi, the only one"

Venezuela - "God's hand"

Most accurate through balls in Europe’s top 5 leagues this season: Messi 14 - Di Maria 13 - Nolito 11

Thierry Henry: "I always say Bergkamp is the best I played with - because he's human. While with Leo, I sometimes wonder if he's human."

Arda Turan on @ClubMitjanit “I'm living a dream now. Imagine, I'm playing with Messi at the Camp Nou!”
Arda on @ClubMitjanit “Messi is the best in history. He's not of this world. After him is Neymar who will be the next one.”

Maradona: "I have seen the player who will inherit my place in Argentina and his name is Messi. Messi is a genius."

Lucas Alario (River Plate): "Leo Messi is something special, He achieved some many things. Pure magical player."

Kobe Bryant: "Ronaldinho introduced me to a guy of 17 years old and said soon he'll be the best ever. And guy was Messi."

Bartomeu (president): "Cruyff brought us back to life, with Ronaldinho we became a global club, and with Messi a universal club." [rpb]

Thiago Silva: "Messi fully deserves it, if he doesn't win it I think Neymar can."

Usain Bolt: “Messi is the best in the world. He makes football look like me against a 5th grader playing football.” [cnn]

Roger Federer: “People look up to Messi. He's one of the greatest to ever play the game. He's still not 30 years old yet.” [cnn]

Lavezzi: “Messi is above all the current players. As an Argentinean, I'm proud to play with him and for him to represent our country.”

Cristiano Ronaldo: “Messi's left foot is really good, I'd like to have that.”

Bilardo (ex-coach ARG): "I saw Di Stefano play, he was a super man. Then came Diego. And now Messi. You can't compare them."

Cruyff: "Ronaldo never influences on the team as much as Messi"

Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid): "Cris and Messi are two super players, although Leo might have been a little better last year."

Sampaoli (coach CHL): "It's difficult to say something new about the best in the world. Messi has a big lead on the rest at this moment."

Xavi: "We have been so lucky that Leo joined us. Without him, Barça wouldn't be the same. He's the key to the sucesses of the last decade."

Lavezzi: Leo has exceeded all expectations, broken all the records Lavezzi: Leo has exceeded all expectations, broken all the records

Paul Pogba: "Of course I’d love to play alongside Messi"

Lionel Messi - Top 10 Free-Kick Goals Ever - 2008-2016
Zoe
Culé
Culé

PreviousNext

Return to FC Barcelona